27 January 2011

Broga Hill 2

Last Tuesday, I went again to Broga Hill. It's not like I liked the hill but since one of my friend from Sarawak came to KL and she was reaaallyy looking forward to hike Broga. But guess what, it was a lot better than the last time I went there.

We've planned to go at 8am in the morning but since I was going with girls, (make up and stuff..) I think everyone could have guess. We departed from Bandar Tasik Selatan at 9am and went straight to Broga. I actually didn't remember the road because last time I use Sungai Besi Highway. This time, I followed the Cheras-Kajang Highway. But the road wasn't that difficult as long as I follow the direction to Semenyih. Along the way, there were three tolls and
Lin, the girl from Sarawak complained about how many tolls were there to go there. Haha. Wait til she see how many tolls at KL. For me, I don't really complained the toll because we pay for good smooth ride. I did told her this but i think she didn't get what I meant.

We reached at foot of the hill around 10am. There were only few cars on the parking lot. It was a good new and bad new. Good new was there will be less people along the tracks which make it a lot easier to climb at our own speed. When we tired, we rest. When we wanted to take picture, we stop in the middle of the road and took picture. The bad new was if anything happens, who's going to help us.

As we walked up, I heard a voice; "Tired lah." And we were only starting. but we all keep on walking up. As we reach a point, we saw a group of people walking down with a man injured. The guy had cramped legs. His friends lift him and slowly walks down. I hope it doesn't scares Lin. Haha. Besides, Aisyah some how looked tired and felt sudden chest pain. This what I've been worrying about. I already thought of descending if she cannot continue. What else to do? I don't want to leave anyone behind. Luckily, after some rest and motivation by Aiman, she could continue walking.

*a guy suddenly give me his news paper on his way down..

The pace was pretty much slower than last time. Maybe last time I went with guys, so girls might tire faster. We rested a lot. But better slower than never. At 11am, we reached a point which I called Check point 1. It's a beautiful spot. We stopped for a while and took pictures. At check point 1, we took along rest because we only completed halfway. As we rest, Aiman explains about granite. We talked about rocks a lot. Until Aisyah from engineering course also knew some of the geological term. Now I understand why Islah kept on talking about rocks when I was in foundation while we were picnicking at Lambir.
*lecture by Aiman


After that, I thought that most of us wanted to go back already at that time but their spirit was burning! (I'm exaggerating). They wanted to complete the journey! So we continued to walk up, although it was slow.

The track was a lot more difficult and tiring. But we all made it to the top and took this photo:

*aiman, aisyah, lin and me

It was a very tiring event. then we all went to eat at Kayu Nasi Kandar at Bandar Seri Permaisuri to refill what had been lost. I never really thought that we could reach the top which is 400m height and walking distance on 1.7km. I guess I underestimated them. And girls are really good at motivating people. I should learn from them. Anyway, thanks Aiman, Aisyah and Lin.. You guys made my day!

No comments: